1. Review the Elk Ridge Park Temple & Family History Plan for 2022 by visiting elkridgepark.org.
2. NEW ENDOWMENT SESSIONS TO BEGIN. Beginning April 5th, endowment sessions will begin at 5:30am daily and occur every half hour throughout the day. Watch for the new scheduling opportunities appearing on the appointment calendar. Sessions will still be limited to 26.
3. Rootstech 2022 is now available to watch on Family Search, tons of videos with presentations on “How to..” find documents, etc. You could spend days gleaning knowledge and resources. IT’S FREE AND YOU ARE INVITED TO FEAST ON THE OFFERINGS.
1. We have arranged for a Youth Baptistry activity on April 19, 2022, at the 5:30pm, 6:30pm, and 7:30pm appointment times at the temple. Keep dates clear. More information will be coming from youth leaders.
2. New sealing sessions for our ward are scheduled for April 6, 2022. More information and sign-up sheets will be coming. The last sealings we had 28 out of 30 attend.
MONTHLY FOCUS FOR MARCH
Schedule an appointment at the Temple to do an ordinance.
Spend 1 to 2 hours on the Family Search Website.
NEW INDEXING WARD GOAL
Get started indexing today!
Steps to get started indexing:
Be sure you have your church login information. If you haven’t opened an lds.org account, its easy, you’ll need your LDS member number to get it set up. If you already have a lds.org username and password, you are ready to start!
- Go to familysearch.org website
- Sign in with your username and password
- Find the “Get Involved” tab and click on it
- Select “indexing” from the drop-down menu
- Select “find batches” or “find project”
- Choose language, default is English
- Choose difficulty level (there are no beginning options right now, try intermediate)
- Choose a project and click on the “Index” button on the right-hand side
- Follow instructions on the pop-up window. Be sure to read and follow the instructions.
- If batch seems too difficult, simply return the batch using the “batch” drop down menu and select “return batch”. We have committee members and some experienced ward members that are happy to assist if you hit a roadblock. Please contact Shaun Thomson or Gary & Ruth Ann Chambers with questions
If you are new to Indexing, on the Family Search Website, choose “Get Involved”, then “Overview” and then select “Try a Guided Tour”. This will give you a good overview and is a short tutorial. Our ward goal is 2500 index names per quarter.